Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ciao Milano!

My weekend get-away to Milan was more than fabulous. Indulging in food, fashion, wine and gelato I can say that my stay was quite successful.

We arrived to Milan early Friday and went exploring. We walked around the center of town and saw the Duomo. It was breathtaking to see, absolutely HUGE. Little did I know one of my favorite bloggers, The Blonde Salad was there nearly 45 minutes after I left. :( You can only imagine my heartbreak. I also tried my first real gelato. Naturally it was to die for, and it wasn't my last of the weekend. We went back to freshen up and we headed off to dinner by the Naviglio Grande Canal. The scenery and people watching was ideal.

The next day was devoted to shopping and drooling over all the luxury brands in Milan. I was in awe with every step we took and I even treated myself to something I have been eyeing for a long time - an iconic Hermes scarf. For lunch I ate a 4 cheese pizza that literally cannot be described and of course had wine. I also loved how many dogs I saw walking in Milan. Dogs of every size. Made me miss my animals back home. :)

Finally we treated ourselves to fancy dinner in town. There is not one bad thing I can say about this meal. Fully equipped with an appetizer, pasta, dessert, wine, dessert wine, and lemoncello we were in heaven. Our waiters were precious and gave us the best service we could ask for. We ended the night at a bar on a side street watching all the beautiful italians pass us by. What a perfect night.

Our stay in Milan was not nearly enough time. Italy was one of my favorite places visited so far and I only got a glimpse of it. I cannot wait until I can come back again one day and see it all....and drink more wine.

What I am wearing (outfit #1)

  • Tie-dye tunic from boutique in Camden
  • Black leggings
  • Collar necklace from Bloomingdales
  • Black combat boots from Aldo
What I am wearing (outfit #2)
  • Kitty print dress from Zara
  • Michael Kors jean chambray
  • Neon skinny belt from Target
  • Sparkly oxfords from Urban Outfitters
What I am wearing (outfit #3)
  • Free People black and gold tunic
  • Black leggings
  • Black combat boots from Aldo 

1 comment:

  1. Like London & Paris wasn't amazing enough already?! :) One word- jealous!! Is this Zara dress a recent buy? I must have it too ;)
    xxo

    ReplyDelete

Trendy Travelista