Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Bath







Our weekend in Bath was a nice get away. Despite the rainy, cold weather it was very relaxing and enjoyable. The people were so nice and the town was just precious.

The first thing we did was tour the Roman Baths. They were beautiful. Dating back 2000 years, it was amazing to see how long this has been preserved.

The next morning we visited the Fashion Museum in Bath. I adored looking at the old gowns and was ecstatic to find out we could try one on. It was the real deal - corsets, hoop skirts, bustles. When I had it on I couldn't believe how woman did that everyday. It was even a chore just to get it on!

Later we went to Chepstow Castle and Tintern Abby. Both extremely gorgeous and peaceful. After visited the abby I sat down to hot tea and scones. It was delightful. A perfect afternoon pick me up.

What I am wearing:
  • Hunter green raincoat from H&M
  • Michael Kors chambray
  • BCBG oversized top
  • Leopard print scarf
  • Aldo combat boots

1 comment:

Trendy Travelista